Sunday, February 1, 2009

More Medieval Madness

Here's a few more pages from the medieval scrapbook. Once again the scanner is giving me a few problems with glare from the white backgrounds so the colour here is not as true as it should be. This first page design has been taken form a germanic medieval text and is reproduced as true to colour and design as I was capable of (except for the bleep, bleep scanner of course). The reason for the choice was the couple in the photograph, my brother and his good lady, have Germanic medieval personalities so this seemed the right choice for their picture. Here they are at their investiture as the new Baron and Baroness of Riverhaven, their local group. Ah, yes, there are titles, position and power to be had!


This photograph for the next page was quite small after trimming away unwanted distractions from the subjects (the Baron and Baroness at the feast), and so I have chosen a persian design for the page and made their photo the centrpiece for the design. Again the design is faithful in both colour and pattern to the original medival design but without the original centrepiece.

This design for this page came form a French book of Hours, one of my personal favourites. I love the vine and scroll leaves and birds. The photo is of the then King and Queen (viking personas) after the fromal celebrations in their relaxing and less formal mode. I know the design is french and they are vikings but I like this design!!!

This next one I don't remember where the style has come from. I think it was from a book of hours as well, correct me if I'm wrong. The photo is of the brother peeking over his new tourney shield, huzzah! I just need to finish the wording for the page to be completed.

And finally the blast of spring colour! Here they are the Baron and Baroness enjoying the tourney held next day in honour of their investiture. This design was taken from another book of hours, Italian I think from memory. The original was just beautiful. Again I have reproduced the colour as best I was able to stay faithful to the original designs, but again the thing with the scanner and glare. If only I could go back and age the paper!


There you have it, a little glimpse of medieval fun in todays settings. Now that's an anachronism!

1 comment:

Ro Bruhn said...

These pages look great, I see potential here in some of the designs for some wonderful stamps.