Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hello Sailor!

She was the eldest daughter, one of three.




My grandmother, Lorna. Loved this lady so much, she was such a kind soul. Here she is on the right, the photo taken during the war years. The photo is covered with a broken piece of mica to resemble broken glass. My grandmother is on the right. I felt the broken glass look highlighted her in the picture without diminishing her sisters. They too were a fun pair of girls with a wicked sense of humour.



Here is my grandfather as he was around the time they met. He had been a merchant seaman before giving it all up and seetling down. This page reflects that part of his life. Wow he looks so young here.




And here is the facing page with my grandmother. She went to college as an adult and took a tailors course and was good at it too.


Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor...




Posted by Picasa

No comments: