Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's a new year!

Happy New Year to you all, I hope it finds you well and recovering from your celebrations whatever they may have been! Well I think I should probably share a little of my scrapbooking pages with you all. So here is "Just Being You"

This layout is of my son quite some years ago when he was only a little tyke around 2-3 years old. The background paper is one from Basic Grey which I have ripped and torn (lovely satisfying therapy ) and then inked the edges. The large flower has been distressed with various paints and the smaller coloured petals behind the flowers on the branches have been painted with polished pigments then small silk flowers added. The bird at the top of the page is a Kaisrcraft stamp embossed then coloured with Radiant Rain Daubbers for a bit of extra zing. I was quite happy with this page, lots of fav techniques here and products but it was hard to photograph with all the shiny stuff creating glare. Well there you go my first shared layout with you all.

Now for something completely different...

While the family were all together for Christmas we put together a little formal dinner. Everyone was fabulous and dressed for dinner even though the temperature was pretty horrible at around 30 C the family were great sports and put on their best glad rags (hugs to you all for bearing through it all so well). The younger generations of the family decorated house and table, made place cards and served food and wine and doubled as kitchen hands for the night and generally worked like trojans (kudos to you all for such fabulous help!). So here is a few photos from the night to share with you all...

This was the table setting doesn't it look fabulous. The boys did a wonderful job of setting up, yes you heard me right the boys did all of this while the girls made place cards and a wonderful job they all did too!

Of course I have to include a few happy snaps so here they are...

This is the dd (Hollie) and ds (Nathan), wow they are soooo grown up now!

Here's Richard, Courney, Hollie and Miles outside braving the heat for a few snaps, don't they look fabulous!

And here's a good one of Rich in his suit which he brought with him all the way from New Zealand! Now that's devotion to the cause, a huge thankyou to you all for joining into the spirit of the evening. Sadly the family have now dispersed back to their various points of origin and I am sadly missing them all already, perhaps we will have to arrange another little holiday get together, surely I must be able to think of some reasonable excuse... leave me with it I'll get back to you!

No comments: