Saturday, January 3, 2009

Just a little More

It will be back to work again shortly just two days of holidays to go, and as much as I enjoy my job, holidays are sooo much nicer don't you think! I haven't had much time for arty things but what I have had has been devoted to planning a new project. Lots of planning has been done but now it's time for some arty hands on stuff. I will post more about the project later as it develops.

In the mean time, I think I should probably be posting a few more arty bits here for you all to enjoy so here's a few more scrapping pages to look at while you sip from your morning coffee cup.

This is my fabulous son, Nathan clowning around as he does. The layout was submitted as part of a challenge put forward on the Aussie Scrap Source blog. If you haven't marked this blog on your favourites what are you waiting for! This is a site for some serious talent, go look now, well maybe finish reading mine first :) It required the use of 3 small photos which is quite a challenge! I've used a Cherryarte background paper, painted on a little red paint to grunge up the background (gotta make it all a bit blokey!), then cut out some stars from an old freebie paper, added some bits and voila! The netting in the background is one of those fabulous supermarket fruit bags, from avocadoes I think. Talk about recycling!

Okay onto the next one...

This one was also created for the Aussie Scrap Source Blog competition. Its hard to see from the photo but much of this page is raised in 3D. The challenge was to create a page about yourself and to use cluster embellishments on the layout. Believe me this was a challenge! I'm not too comfortable in the spotlight, so creating a layout about myself took some work. So much went into this page. The background is a mix of Autumn Leaves and Pink Paisley papers and ribbons. Then I have cut out some Jenni Bowlin flowers, coated them in dimensional amgic to gloss them up and stuck them down with foam pads to raise them off the page.


Here you can see the dimension. The butterfly and bird on the page have been created the same way. The flowers were then given some Kindyglitz to outline the details while the butterfly benefitted from some Kaisercraft rhinestone treatment.

The circular piece on the bottom left of the page opens up to reveal some hidden journalling. Here it is closed...

And here it is opened. Please excuse the shadow in the photo, these bits were a challenge to both create and photograph! It took me some time to create the whole layout, working out how I wanted to construct the individual parts and then to bring all the pieces together. It has probably been the most time consuming layout I have ever done but hey, I so rarely do a layout based on me I suppose that's okay really. The main title is Basic Grey chipboard, painted, glittered then coated in dimensional magic for some real pop. The bottom right embellishment is constructed by layering a Heidi Swap damask rubon onto some acetate the layering with a flower and a chipboard embellie, topped off with a little bling. This layout is without a doubt the most satisfying scrapping achievement, creatively speaking, as it involved so many elements to bring together. I hope you enjoyed looking.

P.S. It's raining, woohoo! It has been so hot here recently, the mercury soaring each day I am soo excited as I have woken up to gentle rain today and plumetting temperatures, well as much as it plummets in Queensland in the summer! What a welcome relief, even the birds are singing madly! Can't say I blame them at all!

No comments: