Friday, January 7, 2011

Things are gettin' hairy!


Christmas and New Year...





were...




wonderful...



and then...


Posted by Picasa

Now I know you have all heard about the rain in Oz, especially in Queensland where I live. I was talking to Cat, from La Dolce Vita the other day. She was asking if we had had any of the awful flooding here where I am and I answered that most of the serious rainfall has been north of where we live and things are wet here but pretty good, no real flood damages in our area, but after today there might be a bit of a reassessment.

The heavens opened here today...

just for a few hours we had some serious, and I do mean, SERIOUS rain.


Looking out my front windows the yard suddenly became this...





Then this when I opened my front door...




In the space of 15 minutes the front door mat had sailed away down the river that had begun to flow from the front, around the side of the house and into the pool in the backyard.


Do, do, do, lookin out my backdoor!
(Channelling some Credence for you all, LOL)




Don't know if you can see it but it was bucketing, even for subtropical us!

Oh, No, gotta go!
Down tools and every man/girl/there's only me here, gulp, to the rescue the water is risin real quick folks!

2 hours of, digging trenches for drainage, siphoning off the pool of 6 inches of water and setting up some ag pipes to carry away excess water and I finally got to go inside again.

No-one home but me, and thank goodness I was!

The view over my back fence...



We have lots of native bush and parkland around us here but over the backfence which is about five feet lower than the yard this is the stream running through the land now! I think the local bush turkeys have lost their nests!

Thank heavens I managed to save everything and the weather has eased back to mere normal rainfall instead of torrential bucketing!

This is the forecast for us until approximately mid April!

The thump was my jaw hitting the ground today when I was told the long distance forecast.

In need of some middle ground here I think.

Anyway's can't let you all go without leaving you with some art to look at.

The last of the journal pages for 2010.


Posted by Picasa


Look into my eyes...




Told you things were gettin' hairy, LOL!


Looking for a way out?



Hope your 2011 is fabulous!

So what are you up to?

Posted by Picasa



Caio!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

You really have had your share of rain Kim. We've had a substantial amount over the past few months which has broken our ten year drought. Fortunately for us we live in the hills so if we flood, there won't be anything left of Melbourne and the suburbs.
I hope things settle down for you weather wise, it really is crazy. Your journal pages look good too.
Have a great 2011.

MrCachet said...

Second from the bottom looks rather Mad-Hatterish to me - and very cool!

Caterina Giglio said...

oh lordy, enough already!! I was so convinced that you were in the clear and now more of the same!! I can imagine you mad dashin about!! your christmas shots are lovely and your journal are very cool. so glad to see you posting in spite of it all. praying for some respite for you and may you be high and dry, or I could import you here for some snow!! but at least it is DRY here!! sending hugs, xoxox

Riki Schumacher said...

Wow, enough rain already! That's too much. We have been getting endless rain here in California too, but not like that! I'm so glad your house is okay Kim. Good thing you were home. Well thanks for swinging by and entering my contest. Hope it dries out soon!! Take care, Riki

Unknown said...

Yikes! Hope you are good for the long haul. Who knows what kind of weather, (environmental, emotional, etc) we will face in the coming year. Thank heaven for art journals where we can forcast whatever we want!

Debrina said...

Kim, Kim, Kim!!!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY forgot you lived in Queensland! Arrrgghh. OMG I have heard teh flooding has picked up again. I do hope you are alright where you are. It's all over the news here in NZ>
If you are alright then PHEW!!
Ooooo and now onto arty stuff. OMFG I love your journal pages!!!!!!!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I hope this is the worst you get Kim! 2011 HAS to be better than 2010 so hopefully this is some sort of cleansing! It is terrible to see the news and all the devestation. My thoughts are with you!

Anonymous said...

hello my sweet friend. i do hope that you are dry and well. that is some serious weather you're having! i've been watching on the news, sending good vibes your way (virtual sandbags?). please keep us posted if you are able, my sweet.

LOVE your journal pages. those are just gorgeous!! i need to get back into my journalling -- you're such an inspiration!

xxo

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Kim, thanks for coming by. Glad you like my little pouches! They are so much fun. Hope things are drying out there. Take care, Riki

Leslie said...

Oh no! More rain? It looks awful there. I hope you're safe.

I love your journal pages and your Christmas decorations!

Shelley Whiting's art said...

Wow I love your journal pages. They're very zany and fun. I love the characters. They're quirky and hilarious. Beautiful and charming work.